Monday, December 6, 2010

Things about friends.

What is a "friend"?

The word seems so foreign. In a world full of enemies, who can we really call our friends?

"To have a friend you must first be a friend."
What does that really mean anyways?

"I hate her, she's too nosy." - "He's a goodie two-shoes"

Friends to their faces, enemies behind their backs.
Those aren't friends. I call them cowards.

Where are the loyalties? Where are these "friends" we are constantly seeking after?

Impossible to find, yet impossible not to search for. Never ending search to find at least one person that will have our backs, and not stab a knife into it. Ha good luck right?

But no matter what you do, and who you are, people will talk. I guarantee you that. It doesn't matter if you are really talented, or you think nobody knows you, someone out there is talking about you, whether you call them friends or enemies. They will talk.

So "Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."- Dr. Suess.

And "To thine own self be true"- William Shakespeare

I say "A friendship that can end was never really a friendship to begin with."

And every once in a while we find those life long friends. They become almost family.

Family, a true friendship that will never end.

I consider myself to be lucky, or blessed, whatever you want to call it. I've met some of the most amazing people there is to meet in this world. I have found those friends.

And even though I have had to meet disappointment and betrayal along the way, it's been worth the ride to get to these people.

SHOUT OUT: TO MY FRIENDS. TO THOSE I BARELY KNOW, AND TO THOSE I KNOW A LITTLE TOO MUCH ABOUT. THOSE WHO HAVE CHANGED MY LIFE. TO MY FRIENDS ON MISSIONS, WHO ARE GREAT EXAMPLES TO ME. TO THOSE I'VE KNOWN SINCE I WAS LITTLE. AND TO MY FAMILY, MY BEST FRIENDS.





THANK YOU!

see you on the flip side,
Marcela ^^



1 comment: